Saturday, November 17, 2012

second anniversary

Two years ago today, I shared my blog with friends and family, after closet blogging for several weeks.  Frankly, I wasn't sure how long I would keep it up, but as it's turned out, I've quite enjoyed it.

In two years, I've found myself repeating thoughts; blabbering about nothing; or fleshing out in words something that's nested in my brain for too long.

Sometimes I start a post that doesn't ever take flight, and it sits idly in my post queue for a few days, but eventually just gets the axe.

Occasionally I start a post that I should have never started, and that, mercifully, gets deleted within minutes.  I made a promise not to dishonor anyone in the very beginning, and let me tell you a not-so-surprising confession: I've come dangerously close to breaking that promise.

Even still, 278 posts (including this one) have made the cut, and it's been so interesting to me, to see which ones have been the most read over the life of this blog.  In celebration of two years -- and we all know how I feel about a quick stroll down memory lane -- here are the top five most read posts:

So Long Saloon Black Bean Dip (who knew there were so many folks looking for this recipe?)

Meeting Nathan (one of my favorite stories to share)

Thankful Thursdays (a personal attitude shift that has had significant influence on me)

(Small-Town) American Pie (slice of pie, anyone?)

Get Your (Stitch) Fix (it's all the rage)

And here are a couple of my own personal favorites, just for kicks:

To Carter, on the Occasion of Your First

A Chocolate Sheet Cake Offering

Clothed

It's been a good two years.  I hope for greater things to come in the next two, and look forward to sharing a bit of them, right here in my little corner of the world.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Robyn -- I'm so glad to read that others sometimes struggle with their blogs. I have such dry spells on mine -- because those posts sit in the "draft" section instead of being published. Or, I can't think of anything to say that means anything to anyone other than myself. I enjoy reading your posts -- hopefully, for more years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two years seems like a longtime when going through it but, in reflection, it's past so quickly. Keep sharing, Robyn! Your blogs makes such a difference and enrich us greatly. Through your honest, transparent and often eclectic thought processes, we learn about you, your heart and the best of man kind. Post away and, don't be so quick to hit the delete bottom. The blog(s) that may not make the cut, may just be the ones that alter the lives of others forever. Thanks one agin for sharing a little RLF with us. For that, I'm most grateful

    ReplyDelete