Friday, June 10, 2011

so long saloon black bean dip

I'm going to stop mentioning Manhattan soon.  Really, I am.

But first I needed to share this recipe inspired by a very delicious appetizer we ate here ...



Chipotle Raspberry Black Bean Dip
(Sounds crazy, right?  Don't judge.  It's so delish.)

1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 8-oz container of cream cheese (I used the whipped variety)
1 bottle of Chipotle Raspberry Sauce (It was almost too good to be true when I found some in the condiments aisle in my local Publix)
A handful or so of pepper jack cheese, grated
Tortilla chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place the black beans in a 2 quart casserole dish.  Spread the cream cheese on top, and bake for about 5 minutes, so the cream cheese is good and soft.  Mix together the beans and cream cheese in the dish.  Pour about 1/3 of the bottle of raspberry sauce on top, and top with pepper jack cheese.  Bake another 15 minutes, until heated through.  Serve with tortilla chips.

Creamy, smokey, with a little sweet, and a little spice.  What is not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment