Wednesday, November 17, 2010

being and blogging

I’ve considered blogging for a long time.  Like for a couple of years. I even tried once, but it was lame.  So after about four entries, I was done.
Two months ago, when I disconnected my cable, I decided that blogging would be my new hobby, because

    a)   I enjoy the written word,
    b)   I have a lot more time on my hands, and
    c)   I figured I might enjoy keeping a scrapbook of sorts.
So I started wondering about how exactly to launch this whole thing.  About how, if I told someone, “Hey!  Check out my blog!”  And they went to read it, and there was only my first entry?  How boring.
That got me thinking that I should blog incognito for a while, get started, hopefully get myself into a writing rhythm, and begin to discover my online personality, without telling people.  So I did!
Here’s what you might see in my entries: 
  1. Lists (I’m a list-maker, so … yeah.)
  2. Occasional photos
  3. Some good eats (I love food!)
  4. God moments
  5. Recaps of trips
  6. And generally, a little glimpse into what it’s like being me.
Here’s what you won’t see in my entries:
  1. Anything dishonoring to a person
Well, that’s the only thing I know of right now that’ll for sure be off limits.
Today’s the official invitation to blog stalk me, because I’ve finally settled on the design.  (That was also a big process for me, and I have some really great professionals to thank for that.)
Thanks for visiting, y’all.  I hope you’ll poke around, maybe come back and comment sometime, but if you don’t, that’s okay, too.
I'll just keep on being and blogging anyway.

2 comments:

  1. robyn lane, i love it. i'm so happy to see you're a blogger. i might be your #1 stalker :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you might be my one and only comment! :) Thanks, Jana Puddin'. I miss you -- it's not the same, but I keep up with your blog, too. And I will need to begin commenting immediately!

    ReplyDelete