Wednesday, August 24, 2011

clothed

When I shared about my first experience wearing this t-shirt ...



... I 'fessed up to liking the look without anticipating the conversations it would spark.

I wore it out again this past Friday night to run errands, and to a movie.

This time, I was prepared.  Ready to represent.

When I walked into a store, I waited the extra minute that I usually don't, to hold the door for the person coming up behind me.

As I interacted with the cashier, I asked how her day had been, and wished her a happy weekend when she passed my purchase over the counter.

In the theater, when I wanted to wring the necks of the giggling teenagers on my row, I tempered my irritation.  How can I wring their necks with the love of Christ?

Over the top?  Maybe.

But the t-shirt -- the visible mark that identified myself as a believer -- made me uber-conscious of how I treated people, and how I responded to them.

And I can't help but wonder how our representation of Christ would change if we thought of ourselves as ...

... visibly labeled as a believer ...

... visibly stamped with His seal ...

... visibly marked for eternal life.

What if our mindset wasn't dictated by wearing a t-shirt, but by being truly clothed in Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment