Thursday, November 15, 2012

thankful thursday #104

The work of Jesus in our hearts is sometimes painful, often humbling, and always miraculous.

On top of those descriptors, I'd add that my personal refining process is slow, gentle when I don't deserve it, and almost undetectable if I'm not really looking for change.

I confess that I'm not all the time diligent, or faithful, to ask Him to show me how He's working.  To reveal to me His new, that's replacing my old.

And sakes alive, I rarely have the eyes to see it anyway.

But as it goes with my Jesus, He is faithful to give me glimpses.  Some days He'll drop me into a scenario to which I naturally respond -- a test of sorts, but one I don't know I'm taking -- and I respond in a way that I know is not of me.

It's His creative way of spotlighting for me a work He's accomplishing for His glory.

And when He does, it reassures me.  It gives me hope.  It makes me thankful.

I had one of those moments today, where the reply came from a place I can't say I knew not so long ago, and I could feel nothing more than gratitude.

Not because I'm better, but because I'm changed.

Do you appreciate the evidence of change when it lands in your lap?  Go on, be grateful!

1 comment:

  1. this is exactly what todd and i have been talking about...seeing this happen in our lives...however we are not as good at putting it into words as you just did :)

    ReplyDelete