Friday, October 26, 2012

get your (stitch) fix

At the risk of sounding entirely too interested in the things of this world (you read my recent post about shopping, right?), I can't not share about this little styling adventure.

Meet Stitch Fix.

Stitch Fix is an online styling service, designed to deliver a handful of clothing pieces to your doorstep and some unexpected spunk to your wardrobe. Here's how it works, in its simplest form:


And here's the process with my personal experiential notes:

1: request an invite
Click here to fill out some basic info and "request an invite." That gets the ball rolling, and over into the Stitch Fix court.

2: give them your stats
Stitch Fix will send you a Style Profile (don't stress, it might take a week or so to hear from them), in which you give them important details about you, your style, your preferences, and your budget. You can also specify items you may not want to receive. (For example, I was wary of pants, so in this shipment, I requested no bottoms.)

You get to judge some sample outfits to help direct your stylist, like this:


3: schedule your fix
Each fix costs $20, so even if you hate everything they send you, you're only out one Andrew Jackson. Select a time that you wish to receive your package of goodies. Big perk: Stitch Fix pays for all shipping.

4: stalk the usps and track your package


5: try on the goodies in the comfort of your own home
It was seriously like Christmas.


And isn't it great, that each piece offers some ensemble suggestions?


(Can you even get over the fact that this top has koi fish on it? It was a sign.)

6: decide what you want, and what you don't
I was shocked to love everything in this package. I was more shocked that everything fit. (And one item will likely even be a Christmas gift for someone ... shhhh!) They provide the packaging and shipping label for your "no thanks" items, and you drop those back in the mail within three days.

7: give feedback and settle up on the keepers
The stylist did pretty darn well with my first round, but feedback will help her be even better when I do this again. The feedback section is both guided and open-ended, so you have the opportunity to be thorough and detailed.

And a couple of important notes on payment and obligation:
  • If you decide to keep everything in your box, you get a 25% discount on everything.
  • If you decide to keep anything in your box, your $20 styling fee is applied as a credit toward that purchase.
  • Although you will be invited every month to schedule a fix, you can skip it. No obligation to ever do it again. (But I will be.)
Seriously, people. Get your Fix! You might score a new favorite something, and when asked where you got it (and I hope you will!), you can say, Oh, I'm not sure.  My stylist found it somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. I just ordered my first "fix." Thanks for sharing this awesome info!

    ReplyDelete