Thursday, November 8, 2012

thankful thursday #103

Last spring, Nikol took me with her to a show choir performance of some of the high school girls from church that she mentors.

I am not ashamed to admit that I am just nerdy enough to feel genuine excitement about such a performance, and let me tell you, it was glorious.

There was something about single thirty-somethings, sitting in a high school theater, and observing high school student dynamics that made for spectacular entertainment. The giggle boxes got turned over, and there was no going back.

Regardless of our comedic commentary, though, the girls did do a great job ...

... and invited us to another show choir event.


Today I got a break from my routine, and had the chance to support our own little cast of real-life Glee. How can that not make me happy? And grateful, for young people's talents?

What out-of-the-ordinary something might you be appreciating today? Go on, be grateful!

2 comments:

  1. It WAS such a great time! However, my Thankful Thursday (which I am submitting on Saturday) is for two things...I found out my favorite (yet discontinued) cereal bars are being produced under a new label. I purchased them this week and was so excited to discover they are exactly the same. This discovery only happened through a random Google search. So, today I'm grateful for Google and the resurrection of my favorite cereal bars!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful to have lived through another "chicken conference" with your Mom. I'm hoping it is the last one for both of us; but, short of that, it is/was the next-to-last for me! And, when I say "lived," I must add that I'm still recovering and don't know how your Mom managed to come for a visit with you this weekend. Of course, she IS younger than I! ;-)

    ReplyDelete