Tuesday, October 30, 2012

right about now (the one after the georgia-florida game)

Random bits of life happening in my world, right about now:

loving: the score of this game from Saturday.


Did you hear me squeal out loud? I definitely did, listening to the final call on the UGA broadcast in my car. No shame here.

reading:  A Severe Mercy by Sheldon Vanauken.


I've only just begun, but I've been warned that it is an intense and passionate memoir of a man digging deep to reconcile inconceivable loss with the faith he knew to be true. I imagine that where those extremes intersect, Beauty really does become tangible, and his love story will become his Love story. Incidentally, C.S. Lewis drifted into the lives of the author and his beloved, and letters between them are included in this book.

excited about: these three navy paint samples sitting on my kitchen table. They are waiting patiently to be displayed on my wall, so I can decide the winner. Oh, I hope I like one of them.

missing: Little Man. It's only been eight weeks since I saw him last, but that's a long stretch in baby time. How can I not miss this face?


trying to: decide what my next cooking adventure will be. I made chicken pot pie this weekend for the first time, and those leftovers are dwindling.

enjoying: a marble hot chocolate from Starbucks. Do you know this trick? Half white, half dark chocolate? Since I don't drink coffee, this is a go-to splurge on chilly days like today.

using: Ace bandages and Advil like they're going out of style.

wearing: a new sweater I received in my recent Stitch Fix package. It's great for a lot of reasons, but especially because it doesn't scratch the living daylights out of me. It's soft and cozy, like it's already been broken in, just for me.

waiting on: my couch to arrive. They told me 6-8 weeks, "maybe sooner," but it looks like "sooner" isn't in the cards. I keep telling myself God's timing is perfect.

planning: to run this race in January (I have a thing for races related to food and beverage, apparently):


Do you think they'll serve me a marble hot chocolate at the finish line?

singing: "No One Will Ever Love You" by Connie Britton and Charles Esten, that is, Rayna James and Deacon Claybourne from ABC's Nashville. Yes, I absolutely downloaded that song after last week's episode.  Don't judge.

needing: Buddy the elf to magically transform my dad and two brothers into people who are easy to shop for. I sure do love them, but my word, they stump me every Christmas.

learning: that I make a terrible, terrible rehab patient. This ankle injury is so very frustrating, and more importantly, driving my personal athletic training team crazy. Christopher and Jay, I don't deserve your patience, and I owe you both.

listening: to ESPN's 30 for 30 episode, "The Ghosts of Ole Miss" about the forced enrollment of the first African American at the university. I'm only half listening, and I have no association to Ole Miss other than a working relationship, but just seeing James Meredith interviewed makes me tear up.

wishing: I designed Christmas cards for single people. It's feeling like my 2012 design is right out of Struggleville, USA.

doing:
 a Bible study, in which the accountability gals and I meditated on this scripture last week:

The spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.
For who knows a person's thoughts, except the spirit within them?
In the same way, no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us.
-- 1 Corinthians 1:10-12

I can't stop thinking about it. (I'm pretty sure that's the point of studying it to begin with.)

praying for: the families affected by Superstorm Sandy this week. Mercy, the photos are stunning.

dreaming of:
 a day coming soon when I will run again. And I'm not even a bona fide runner. If you're not limping around for one reason or another, take a minute to be grateful!

What are you up to right about now?

No comments:

Post a Comment