Wednesday, September 19, 2012

the christmas card quandary

Today began the annual hunt for the perfect Christmas card.


Weird that I do that in September?  Maybe.

But anyone who knows me well, knows that I love sending Christmas cards.  Even when I was an intern making barely enough money to pay my bills, I invested in Christmas greetings, because they are meaningful to me.  Not obligatory.

What I do not love, however, is that the best card designs out there -- and there are some fabulous ones, to be sure -- involve a little something I like to call, 

A family.

Or, a spouse.

Or rather, über-artistic photographs of said subjects.

Now truly, I'm not a whiner about singleness.  In fact, there are only about two times in my life where I have thrown a legitimate tantrum, where I may or may not have sat in the floor and cried about it.  And over spilled barbecue sauce on white carpet, wailed something overdramatic like, I mean, Lord, can I just get a husband to help me carry in these bags of groceries?  Just this once?

I know there are non-photo cards.  Goodness knows I've worked that system many a year.

But blah.

And custom designs are not realistic.  I do have a budget, and I'm no graphic designer.

Single people, unite.  Give me some solutions before I have a mini-tantrum, sit in my floor, and cry, Can't I just have one cute photo, for one cute Christmas card?

And that rant, friends, is one I like to file in a little growing category of musings called #firstworldproblems.

Don't pretend like you don't have 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment