Thursday, October 25, 2012

thankful thursday #101

Last year, my work siblings dragged me kicking and screaming to a haunted house for some "team building."

And it was horrible.

This year, I was adamant that I would not participate in any Halloween-centric team building unless it involved a pumpkin carving contest.  The haunted house just wasn't worth the anxiety.

Nothing has been planned at this point, and I'm grateful for that.

Instead I will be attending a Halloween festivity tomorrow night with some friends that is my favorite kind: per the invitation, a no-costume party, at a "not so haunted plantation" (also known as, the modest home of my friend Donna).

We're going to eat Mexican food and play games.

Am I boring?  Maybe.

Am I thankful?  Yes, indeed.

Are you festive for Halloween?  Dressing up?  Scaring kiddos on the front porch?

No matter, I hope you find something to appreciate this week.  Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment