Wednesday, September 12, 2012

let's chat

I don't drink coffee, so I can't legitimately say to someone, Hey, let's grab a cup of coffee.

(Which, as you know, is just a hip way of saying, Let's hang out and catch up.  Enjoy some good conversation.)

If I did drink coffee, though, and could say to you for real, Hey, let's grab a cup of coffee, I might chat with you about these random thoughts:

...................................

I think I'm about to call and order this couch:


I dig the tufted back (does anyone else hate the separated back cushions that sag like crazy after a spell?), and I love that there's just one long cushion.  No one loves to sit in the crack.

I'm excited.  Don't tell me if you don't like it.

.....................................



My friend Annette, who owns this little salon that I patronize often, is helping me get a living room vision.  She's proposed a splash of navy for the wall on which that couch up there will sit, and I think I'm on board.

Question of the day: How does one pick the perfect navy?  Mercy, they all run together.

......................................

No one should ever look to me for style tips, but Target has been such a hotbed for inexpensive, cute clothes these past couple of months!  A couple of recent faves:


This has been fun to wear with colored pants.


Although I don't wear them a ton, I do love a good ballet flat, and isn't that royal blue so fun?

..........................................

Last Saturday, my Georgia Bulldogs played Mizzou, and don't you know, kickoff was scheduled for exactly the time I'd be starting my four hour drive home from Knoxville.  I went on this mad search of a way to listen to a broadcast of the game, and in a nutshell, I discovered this app for my magic iPhone:


Why has no one told me about TuneIn before now?!  Mi-ra-cle.  (And Go Dawgs.)

.........................................

I'm dying to make these potatoes.


I'm supposed to be scorning carbs, but I'm probably going to indulge in these very soon.  I hope they live up to the fantasy I've dreamed up in my head.

.........................................

That is all the randomness I can muster for one day, but it's been lovely having a conversation with myself chatting with you!

1 comment:

  1. I adore that couch! And the navy. Very chic and very you. And we both know how I feel about unattached couch cushions.

    ReplyDelete