Tuesday, April 5, 2011

five

Today I ran five miles for the first time in ... well, I don't remember how long.  It was a little peace of mind, knowing the Peachtree Road Race and the one half are coming down the pike.

I won't be increasing the mileage too much too soon, because a) my body will probably violently rebel, and b) I don't wanna burn out.

As they say, slow and steady wins (in my case, completes) the race.

In honor of the five mile marker, here are five random tidbits that have surfaced this week in my world ...

1.  What protective gear is best for my new camera?  Do I get just a simple "slipcover," so I can keep the camera in another bag?  Should I get a bag that is padded to protect the body, the lens, etc.?  Or, should I buy a padded insert that I can throw into one of the billion bags I already own?

2.  Mini Cucumbers.  I love a crisp cuke on my salads, but a regular-sized one is too big, and leftover chopped cukes lose their spunk.  I found these the other day in the grocery -- about 6 or so come packaged together -- and they are my new fave!  One of these little guys is the perfect amount for a single salad.

3.  Babies abound!  Our family and extended family will be welcoming not one, but two babies this fall, within six weeks of each other! (Congrats, Molz!)  The soon-to-be grandmothers are simply beside themselves, and it's such an exciting time for everyone.  I'm guessing the summer calendar will welcome baby showers before too long.

4.  Naan.  Have y'all had this middle eastern flatbread before?  Drizzled with a little olive oil, and warmed up in the oven?  So yummy with that single salad.

5.  "Blessings."  If you haven't heard this new song by Laura Story, check it out.  It's so great.

Hope your week is shaping up to be a happy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment