Tuesday, March 15, 2011

one half

Four months ago, I was ready to run again after a minor (read: major) hiatus.

One month ago, I ran in the Krispy Kreme Challenge in Raleigh.  Although I'd been running casually, signing up for that 4-mile race was a little kick in the pants to motivate myself to keep going.  It was a good motivator.  A necessary commitment.

Today, I got a much more severe kick in the pants -- and made a big ol' commitment -- when I registered for this:



Eek!

I'm excited and nervous and anxious all together, just the way I felt two years ago when Nikol and I signed up for the same race in Chicago.  It's the oh-my-gosh-I'm-really-going-to-do-this and no-turning-back-now mentality.

I'm telling myself that this will be a good race, because
  1. I've got plenty of time to train (let's hope),
  2. It's in a place I've never been to, so I'll be excited to travel there, and
  3. I'm running it with a fun buddy.  (I'm ignoring the fact that she's not local and won't be able to train with me.)
So, stay tuned, folks.  It's gonna be a long five months!

In the meantime, have any of you been to Providence?  If we have one day of free time, how shall we spend it (other than resting our legs and carb-loading)?

No comments:

Post a Comment