Thursday, April 28, 2011

thankful thursday #24

I'm breathing a sigh of relief today, thankful for so many people, so much richness in my life.

It's not lost on me that others here in the Deep South are searching hard for gratitude, so today's Thankful Thursday is bittersweet, to say the least.

After yesterday's tragedies, I'm obviously thankful for my own safety, and for the sparing of the people close to me, who live in these devastated communities.

I'm grateful to see and hear stories of folks who were blessed with mercy, reaching out to those who need help and sustenance.

On a lighter note, I'm thankful to have my luggage back in my possession, unpacked and tucked safely on its shelf!  Needless to say, it's been a frustrating three days going in circles with American Airlines (and no, I don't feel badly about calling them out).

I can't remember a more profound Thankful Thursday!  What're you appreciating today?  Go on, be grateful!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are okay! I have been thinking about you today because it all clicked in my head that I know more people in AL than I remembered.

    On a lighter not you should search the web for the comedian Brian Regan and his luggage bit. You will like it after your experience.

    I am thankful for Garrett smiles that light up his whole face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to meet Garrett (and the girls, too!) sometime! And thanks for the comedic tip. I'm up for anything funny right now! :)

    ReplyDelete