Tuesday, April 19, 2011

get ready

This week is, hands down, my most favorite of the year.  It's not because the weather is practically perfect; it's not because of a much-needed vacation; and it's not because of favorite friends coming to visit.

Rather, it's because of a passionate sacrifice that changed everything.

Several years ago, my pastor encouraged our congregation to read about Christ's final days on earth in preparation for Easter.  Thanks to the gift of the New Testament, I experienced Holy Week in a new way.

The emotional roller coaster of those days is a wild ride, but when you go to the places of darkness, and anger, and sadness, and mystery, Resurrection Sunday takes on an entirely different meaning.  It changes everything.

The best way I can describe it is that Easter morning to me now, is like Christmas morning when I was five.

This Sunday morning, I hope you find yourself experiencing Christ's powerful victory over death in a way you never have before.  I hope you're forever changed!

Get ready, people.  He is risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment