Sunday, April 10, 2011

getting your hands dirty

The Little Sister and I spent some time together yesterday.  It sure was hot outside to be only April, but it was way too pretty to stay inside.

Inspired by last week's going green, we started with this ...



... and ended up with these little cups of happy.





I'm not really one for playing in the dirt, but in a controlled sort of way, it was a little bit fun!

Today I went to my first meeting for the mission trip I'm taking to Peru this summer.  We learned a couple of praise songs in Spanish (whoah, those need to be seriously reviewed over the coming weeks!); we met the people we'll serve with; and we began evangelism training.  It was time well spent.

While practicing small group facilitation, we happened to read Luke 10, the story of Jesus sending out His disciples to labor in His harvest field.  There's a lot of work to be done out there, He said, but few laborers. 

The work to be done is important.  Life-changing.  But it's hard.

The getting-your-hands-dirty kind!



God, remind me that You call us to be faithful to work in Your harvest field, no matter how dirty our hands get!

3 comments:

  1. Love the picture at the end. Too cute. That sure is a nice camera you have. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like that pic, Tiffani! I kinda like it, too! :)

    ReplyDelete