Thursday, April 14, 2011

thankful thursday #22

Sometimes, you get to see something that's one-in-a-million.  Maybe not literally so, but far-fetched enough to make you go, "Wow, did I really just see that?"

A few years ago, Georgia played in the SEC Championship game in Atlanta, and at half-time, Dr. Pepper was sponsoring one of their one million-dollar throwing competitions.

The guy made it!  The crowd went wild, and I seriously remember getting chills!  It was so fun.

I have a coworker who's definitely of the class-clown variety, and he and our boss trash-talk regularly.  The latest bet was that if he successfully shot one out of five half-court shots at a designated time and place, the boss would buy iPads for the guys in our office.

Today at 2:15 the shots were going down -- at my alma mater! -- and the pressure was on.  Several of us went to watch.

He. Got. It.

Y'all, the second shot!  Nothing but net.  It was so exciting, and I didn't even have a dog in the fight!

I'm sure glad I get to have those unexpected moments now and again, where we laugh out loud out of sheer disbelief, and recount how amazing the shot was, and tell the story over and over.  They're just fun.

If only I'd have scored an iPad ... now that would've been something to be thankful for!

What one-in-a-million sights have you seen?  Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment