Wednesday, April 27, 2011

a better tomorrow

It's been a day that will go down in the history books, they say.

The weathermen have been on air for well over twelve hours straight, and unfortunately, they are beginning to report fatality confirmations.

I've mourned natural disasters before, but never have I feared one the way I did today.  Watching the footage of the mile-wide twister ravaging through Tuscaloosa was surreal; it's what I would expect (and prefer) to see in a Hollywood production.

Yesterday I was pretty bummed that my luggage didn't make it back to Birmingham, after our flight cancellation.  This morning I was frustrated that even if I did have my hair dryer out of that luggage, I'd not have been able to use it anyway, thanks to the severe early-morning storm that stole our power for the better part of the day.

In fact, I was preparing to blog about the ten reasons why this week hasn't been my favorite.

Nothing like a big dose of reality to bring my world back into perspective.  Houses are demolished; businesses are destroyed; families are devastated.

Let's remember the folks in Alabama who had their worlds rocked today.

And let's look ahead to a better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment