Thursday, May 23, 2013

thankful thursday #131

Although it's no secret who my team is, I worked for six years at Mississippi State University, in its athletic department.

Ever since, I've enjoyed watching its teams do well in any game, season, or sport, not because it's my alma mater (it's not), or because I have family in Mississippi (I don't), but just because I have an affinity for the place where I had my first big-girl job, and for the people that loved me well while I was there.

It's got a little piece of my heart.

Although football seasons were pretty terrible a struggle while I was there, State has always had a rich baseball history, and every spring held great promise. In fact, in 2007, they had surprising success in post-season play, and punched their ticket to Omaha for the College World Series. I was fortunate to go there that year, and mark that sporting event off my bucket list.

This week they're playing here in town at the SEC baseball tournament, and although I don't usually attend the games, I do like to follow their (hopeful) tournament run. Unfortunately, those games are airing on a station I don't receive on my TV.

But fortunately, and thankfully, I discovered this app back in the fall ...


... and I've at least been able to listen to the local broadcast.

Isn't technology grand (at least sometimes)?

(And State is 3-0 so far this week, and that makes me happy, too.)

What little things have you thankful and happy today? Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment