Monday, May 13, 2013

right about now (the one where the days are longer)

Don't the longer days of sunshine make you happy? They sure do that for me.

It makes me excited for just about everything, even these random bits of life happening in my world, right about now:

loving: this address stamp.



Wouldn't that make a sweet wedding or housewarming gift?

reading: this book by M.L. Stedman.
 

Not gonna lie, I've started it twice before. I'm hoping the third time's the charm.

excited about: all the family I'm getting to see this spring and summer! Between my recent jaunt to Delaware, an upcoming graduation, a beach trip in June, and the Peachtree Road Race in July, I'm getting a family fix I don't get to indulge in very often. It's quite a treat.

missing: the lovely Lori. Recently she moved a million few states away. I miss cooking new recipes with her.

trying to: eat out less. My dollar stretches so much farther that way.

enjoying: this gym that recently opened about three minutes from my house.



It's nice that everything is fancy and new, but oh, to have it so very close by does wonders for the motivation factor.

using: this beauty balm, of late.



I was feeling adventurous, so I'm giving it a go. So far, two important notes: SPF 25 included, and it doesn't make my face look orange. (Cue the collective amens.)

wearing: a Band-Aid on my chin for two more days. I am following the doctor's orders after a tiny little incision had to be made, but I'm kind of really over it.

waiting on: my home insurance company to give me some resolution to a pretty pricey error they made. I could do without that headache.

planning: many more trips to visit the Melt Food Truck here in town (only when the budget allows, of course), where every menu item is inspired by a grilled cheese sandwich.



Need I say more? I've been waiting months to go, and when I finally went last week, that Caprese Melt was something to write home about. 

singing: "Redeemed" by Big Daddy Weave. All the time. One of our radio stations around here plays this one a lot, so I can't ever get it out of my head. But it hasn't gotten old for me yet.

needing: a gel cushion for the spinning bike seat at the gym, before too many more classes. That's probably all that needs to be said about that.

learning: to use this new toy. (Per usual, this came to me as a gift, so don't even peek at that price tag.)


Do you think it will make me run faster? Me either.

listening: to podcasts still. I can't get enough.

wishing: I didn't have to wait four months until the return of Revenge. I am reeling from last night's season finale.

doing:
 a little road trip tomorrow for work. In another rental car. If anyone's in the market, ask me. I've driven at least twelve kinds in the last eight months.

praying for: less me and more Jesus.

dreaming of: an overseas trip. I think 2014 might be the year.

So this is me, right about now. What are you currently up to?

3 comments:

  1. I miss you too! This long distance thing stinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, can you tie me to your shirt tail and get me through the Peachtree?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris, I will barely make it myself! I'm so happy you'll be there with me, somewhere in the crowd of 60,000 people ... :)

    ReplyDelete