Sunday, October 31, 2010

halloween's curse on the uga fan

So, I'm a Georgia fan.


And I just got home from Jacksonville, Florida.

Where Georgia lost to Florida.

Again.

All true fans of college teams live the reality of the best of times, and the worst of times.  It's just part of it.  And at Georgia, we've had some seriously above-average years as of late.  The 2000s have been good to us.

But the Georgia-Florida game.  Y'all.

The series over the last 127 who-knows-how-many years has been almost unbearable.  This is how we always look ...


Kind of hopeful, kind of please-let-us-win-just-once-ish.

I had such a good feeling this year.  My sibs and cousins and I were getting to go together for the first time in a lot of years.


And sure, UGA's having a down year ... but Florida's down, too! 

I won't relive the agony in detail, but suffice it to say it was a heartbreaker in overtime, after we staged a pretty fabulous comeback in the 4th quarter.


SO CLOSE.

And yet, so far away.

Thankfully my trip was not a total wash.  We had some quality family time. 





We continuously reminded ourselves that it could've been worse (it usually is), and that at least it was an exciting game (it usually isn't).

Oh, Halloween weekend, why must you forever curse the Bulldog nation?

No comments:

Post a Comment