Thursday, May 16, 2013

thankful thursday #130

Evidently, someone decided it would be great to stay in a hotel in Detroit, Michigan, compliments of my personal debit card.

Needless to say, that someone was not anyone I know, and I was nowhere near Detroit.

May I give a shout-out to Regions bank, who flagged the charge, prevented the debit, and blocked my card all on their own? When I returned their call, they confirmed the fraudulent activity, and issued a new card, before I even processed every worst-case-scenario that could have easily been my reality.

Thank you, Fraud Department, for doing your job. Those stories of proactive customer service seem to occur in the minority, and well, I'm thankful for being the beneficiary of your work this time.

Do you have a shopping spree -- an authorized one -- planned for the weekend? Be thankful for control of your own account, if you are.

Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment