Sunday, December 2, 2012

thankful thursday #106, the post-indy edition

It doesn’t matter how hard I try, or how much want-to I muster, blogging just doesn’t happen during the week-long work trip to Indianapolis (or anywhere else, for that matter).

Frankly, since I’m using every ounce of my energy to endure a population segment that falls somewhere between Annoying and Very Annoying on the humanity scale (that would be the general population, not my dear colleagues), the Thankful Thursday bit is probably better left postponed, anyway.

But today, I am rejoicing that this fall travel schedule right here?  The one that has stared me in the face every day for the past fourteen weeks?
Dunzo.

That awful spreadsheet will promptly make its way into the trash can upon my arrival in the office tomorrow afternoon, and I will happily reclaim control of my weekends.

Praise you, Jesus.

With that said, I can never end a 7-day work trip like this without giving props to the other segment of humanity – the minority, no doubt – that falls somewhere between Awesome and Very Awesome on the humanity scale:
Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana

I would lose my mind without these cherished colleagues, and I am grateful for them always.

What’re you appreciating on this Sunday edition of Thankful Thursdays?  Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment