Thursday, October 27, 2011

thankful thursday #49

It's so late here!  This Thursday has just slipped right on by me!

I had my blog post for today all ready to go, and then circumstances changed.  What I thought I'd be thankful for today is now on hold for at least another week.  So stay tuned for that.  Boo.

In other news, one of my dear office friends thought it would be fun for some of us at work to do something fun together after hours.  We have a lot of fun in the office, so why not take it out, yes?

Yes, super idea.

"Let's go to the haunted house!" she suggested.

No, not a super idea.



Y'all, ever since walking through the haunted wing at Oconee County Elementary School's Halloween Carnival circa 1985 (obviously this preceeded the politically correct "Fall Festivals"), I've been terrified of haunted houses.

And I was pretty sure the adult version would be a gazillion times worse than what I remembered.

It was.

I was a team player and went, and we're all laughing and telling funny stories about it now, but when I tell you I was miserable for every second of those fifty minutes, I am not exaggerating.

Call me crazy, but I am creeped out by strange people in ridiculous costumes breathing on my neck and growling my name.

It was awful. 

I dreaded that night from the day it was planned for two solid weeks.  So you will not be surprised that today, I'm so thankful that it's over, and I lived to tell about it.

What's your scariest haunted house experience?  Are you thankful when they're over?

Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment