Thursday, January 2, 2014

thankful thursday #163

Although my holiday is not quite over, my road trip is. I feel so full, having visited with some dear friends and family; having seen some new parts (to me) of the country; and having eaten a ridiculous amount of food along the way.

Good times.

And for the record, those twenty-some-odd hours in the car by myself were quite glorious. I chatted to friends on the phone if I felt like it, listened to some podcasts, sang along to my favorite tunes, prayed some. It was nice.

There were two downers along the way: a speeding ticket (oops), and a rock that popped my windshield (I'm lucky it took eight years for that to happen). But in the spirit of gratitude, I'm thankful that my ticket fine is minimal, and that the dink in my windshield hasn't yet spread. Here's hoping I can get that fixed before it does.

Two minor casualties over 1700-ish miles? Success, I'd say.

Are you safe and sound after holiday travels? Go on, be grateful!

1 comment:

  1. So jealous about your Italy trip but yet really happy for you. Can't wait to hear of your plans.

    ReplyDelete