Thursday, January 23, 2014

thankful thursday #166

Recently I wrote a post about people that ooze. They ooze love, and generosity, and all sorts of goodness that others get to receive.

That post came on the heels of a conversation I'd had on the phone with Mr. Bobby. My heart felt full, for having been the recipient of his and Miss Judy's oozing, and sad, for having not seen him in so long.

I couldn't stop thinking about our chat, so I wrote that post, and then vowed to see him the next time I was in the state of Mississippi, no matter my schedule.

I'm so grateful that chance came on Tuesday.



We met at the Trace Way, an almost-truck stop in Mathiston, Mississippi, that specializes in the quintessential meat-and-three, boasts zero atmosphere, and rounds down to the nearest dollar on your ticket.

He said to me, Now I know I come from a different time, but in my time, ladies didn't pay for their meals. I'm buying your lunch.

We talked about Miss Judy, their toddler grandsons, dreams, heaven, my house, old times. He's so dear.

I loved every second of those ninety minutes.

Do you have someone too, like Mr. Bobby? If you do, make a date and go see them. Your heart will ooze with thankfulness. I promise.

Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment