Thursday, January 16, 2014

thankful thursday #165

It weighs on me sometimes to be single. Not often, but sometimes.

And sometimes, I'm really grateful to be single. Also not often, but sometimes.

(And if these two states occur only sometimes, what then for the majority of your time, you may ask? The rest of my time -- the majority of my time -- is just spent living the life I have right now. Like how married people don't always think about how they're married; they are just are.)

There've been some instances, conversations, what-have-yous lately that have given me a keen sense of gratitude for this single life I have.

A sixty-something gentleman with a family told me he's going to spend two weeks away from them, so he could take a trip he's always wanted to take with a friend.

I am thankful that when I mark items off my bucket list, I'm not sacrificing time with my husband or children to do it. Because one day, a different and equally exciting bucket list will include them.

Two single girlfriends and I were exchanging proud-aunt stories about our nephews.

I'm so thankful I get to be a single aunt, if only for a season. I'd say our love for those nephews is beautifully focused, and genuine.

If you're single, do you ever feel thankful about it? Sometimes it's hard, but dig deep. Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment