Tuesday, January 1, 2013

full

I always come back from Christmas vacation feeling full.

Happy to have spent quality time at home, with my family and friends.

Blessed to have given and received.

Refreshed from time away from the office.

Stuffed from my favorite foods.

Over this break in particular, my heart was so full it was overflowing, thanks to a quick trip to see Little Man and his mom and dad.

We did some reading ...



And outside our window, this ...


... turned to this.


It's been a long time since I've seen such a pretty and peaceful snow. In fact, about six years ago, Christopher and I took a picture almost just like this, in the same city ...


And this little guy had never seen snow.


You can imagine my delight, to experience that with him.

He could not contain his glee.


I was ill-prepared, as outerwear goes, so I scored a new parka (on a big sale, and thanks to Katie), and she and I hid away to visit.  And thaw.


Little Man also told me some secrets.


Not really. He mostly just wanted to show me where his hair was.

And so I face the new year ahead, feeling satisfied and full.

1 comment:

  1. Love these pics. Glad you got to see and spend time with the little man. You are an awesome aunt!

    ReplyDelete