Monday, January 6, 2014

holiday photo recap

I don't know about yours, but my Christmas vacation has a pretty outrageous anticipation quotient. Lots of planning, strategizing, organizing, packing. It feels kind of like building a tower.


And then in what feels like an instant, it's over. Like this:


But, between the build-up and the tear-down, we do manage to create some fun memories.

For one, I'm always happy to see my bros.


Little Man loved getting kisses from our dog, Dodger.


(Not sure how the bear felt about that.)

Then I skipped off to Charleston for a weekend to celebrate a friend's birthday, and I absolutely could live in the loft we rented.


That kitchen was pretty fab, and the windows!


(If you're in the market for a reasonable rental in a primo location in downtown Charleston, hit me up. You should consider this place.)

We toured Mt. Pleasant on segways, which is, hands down, the best way to explore a city. That is, if you can lay down your pride and embrace your inner dork.


Because there is no getting around it. You will look ridiculous.

I hope to go back one day and eat at this fun restaurant, The Wreck.


Talk about a dive! And just beyond that, right on the water, the colors of this shrimp boat were so festive.


From there, I drove to Virginia to see my friend Lori. I loved this old tobacco warehouse in her hometown.

And this walking trail by the river was so rustic and peaceful.


It was darn cold, but lovely nonetheless.

Every picturesque moment of this Christmas break was appreciated. I hope you can say the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment