Sunday, December 8, 2013

thankful thursday #159, another post-indy edition

I could just say "ditto" to this Thankful Thursday post and be done with today's late Thankful Thursday, because let's be honest, my life often feels like it's on a repeat cycle. Just a-spinnin', with nothing new under the sun:

I was in Indianapolis for the past week, just like the two years prior. I am grateful football season has come to a close, just like the last twelve years. And I am more than pleased to reclaim my weekends, just like every other year around this time.

But that would be a cop-out.

There are lots of other little nuggets for which I was grateful this week, and they are worthy of some love.

For one, the night before I left, I sang in an Advent concert with Colla Voce. We did not sing last year, so it was nice to kick off my December again with music that tells the story of anticipation that we miss sometimes in the Christmas chaos. I was grateful for those pieces, and for how the voices blended to make something lovely.

At that concert, I was honored to see several familiar faces in the audience, those of old and new friends. Since my family is not local, I'm so thankful to feel support and love from these people. They are such a blessing to me.

It is good to be home, and to pause in gratitude.

What about you? Have you slowed down yet to say a word of thanks? Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment