Tuesday, December 10, 2013

a snow, some work crafting, and a row of tubas

I'm fresh off of my annual trip to Indianapolis. It's a given that I'm happy to be home and sleeping in my own bed (Courtyard Marriott, your beds are surprisingly terrible).

But there were some fun moments to share!

You know I love a good snow, and I rarely get one. But Indianapolis delivered, and delivered big.

These beauts and I went to dinner ...


... and when we were happy and full, came out of the restaurant to see this.


Two of us couldn't help but to walk the mile back to the hotel in the snow.


We were adamant about snow photo ops!


I really couldn't swipe the smile off my face. It was so fun.

The next morning this scene caught my eye, with the pretty church, and the snow still capping the tree branches.


Of course we worked some, too! We created these memorabilia cases for each Big Ten team:


And in so doing, we learned that duct tape wads and foam board go a very long way behind the scenes to make a craft look great.

We are nothing if not resourceful.

For good measure, here's a snap of Ohio State's marching band (I mean, The Ohio State University, of course).


The tubas make such a visual statement, don't they? I wondered which one of them was going to dot the i at the game.

Good friends, good work, good snow, good fun.

I'm so pleased that the good outweighed the terrible beds bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment