Thursday, September 12, 2013

thankful thursday #147

There are seasons in my life where it feels like all I'm doing is spinning.

Spinning through my daily routines. Spinning the same questions and struggles around in my brain. Just spinning, and wondering how any of it really matters.

And, I'm spinning in a world that doesn't feel like home.

Do you know this feeling?

I'm living one of those seasons these days.

I hope it's not a lengthy season, but one day it will pass, and eventually the spinning will feel less like an endless replay, and more like motion, and progress.

But while I'm spinning, my brain seriously feels like exploding, and there are about two things in the world that seem to help: an ugly-girl laugh, and an ugly-girl cry. The ones with tears and tissues.

One or the other is good. Both in one night is best.

Thankful tonight I got both of those. It was a healthy release. I feel better.

Spinning lately? All the more reason to practice some gratitude. Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment