Thursday, December 12, 2013

thankful thursday #160

On my drive back from a work trip this week, I stopped at an obscure exit for gas and a restroom break.

I do this all the time. There was nothing out of the ordinary about this stop.

On the five hour trip home, I chatted on the phone to various people to pass the time. I do this all the time, too.

I arrived home way past my bedtime, climbed straight into bed, and slept like a rock. (Also very common.)

At the office the next morning, I reached for my wallet so I could file my receipts, because those expense reports, I do those regularly.

Except my wallet. My wallet was not where it always is.

And that's when I got that terrible pit in my stomach, because something wasn't where it should be.

Because my wallet. My wallet was in the obscure gas station. At least, the last time I remember having it, it was.

I called that obscure gas station, and do you know, that manager had my wallet? With all $6 cash, my debit card, and my company credit card?

It arrived on a very welcomed FedEx truck this morning, and if that's not a Christmas miracle for which to be thankful, I don't know what is.

Thank you, honest person who found and turned in my wallet with all its contents. There aren't enough people like you walking this earth.

Has your Christmas miracle shown its face yet? Go on, be grateful!

1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. Now THAT is something to be grateful for! I would have freaked out when I realized it was missing. What a relief to get it back!

    ReplyDelete