Friday, December 20, 2013

friday (christmas) lagniappe

Christmas is so close I can taste it! How about some Friday lagniappe to kick off the holiday break?

behold the lamb of God

On my first week in December in which I had no football game to attend, I went to this concert:


Andrew Peterson is so brilliant for having created this musical celebration of the whole story -- the big picture -- of Jesus. I'm so glad it's become a bit of a Christmas tradition in my world.

If they're ever in your neighborhood in December, pay them a visit. You won't regret it.

office festivity

We don't have a fancy office party, but we do sometimes require festive head gear on the last day of work.


We wore these gems during our holiday brunch and a tame game of Dirty Santa. (I'm over Dirty Santa, by the way. Is there no more creative Christmas game to play amongst friends? If you know one, please share.)

biscuit goodness

Speaking of our holiday brunch, the spread included some biscuits from The Alabama Biscuit Company, a cute shop that recently opened up near our office.

Local people, check them out. The ham and cheese biscuits are yumm-o.

bon voyage

Tonight my small group gathered for dinner and laughs to celebrate one that is stepping into a new adventure, and leaving our nest. We reminisced about travels, and troubles, and lessons learned, and goofiness. We prayed over her, and toasted her.

I sure will miss these gals all gathering around my dinner table regularly, but we wish this one bon voyage with much love and great expectations for her future.



Happy Friday-before-Christmas, people. May your weekends be spent as far away from malls as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment