Thursday, September 1, 2011

thankful thursday #41

For about the eight weeks leading up to college football season, I confess that I dread the start of it all.  It's the end of my weekends, and the beginning of a grueling travel schedule.
While everyone else starts making predictions, talking smack, and advancing the rumor mill, I intentionally turn my radio off of all sports talk and try hard to deny the looming season of insanity.
Like clockwork, though, about two weeks before Labor Day weekend, I get over the dread, and I hang my travel schedule up in my office (a mighty fine Excel matrix, if I do say so myself).  It’s my outward acceptance of the inevitable, and it means I’m ready.
Ready to go.  Ready to start the 14-week countdown to the end!
Today college football kicked off – literally – and I could not be more thankful to get this season underway.
Bring it.
What're you appreciating on this eve of Labor Day weekend?  Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment