Thursday, September 29, 2011

thankful thursday #45

Today my car was (over)due for some routine maintenance.

To be precise, my odometer read 97,000 miles and some change, and it was in for its 90,000 mile check-up.

Oops.  Life just got busy.

Anyway, I knew I was going to be spending a nice little chunk of change for that, and although I didn't want to, I was appreciating that my car is solid, gives me no trouble, and so on.

You know, exercising gratitude.

And then I got the call where they've discovered that the front brake pads need replacing pronto, and that the serpentine belt, while not super-urgent, will need to be replaced at my next servicing.

(I can't wait.)

All the sudden, my nice little chunk of change had grown to a slightly larger chunk of change, and let's just be honest, I'm having to dig deep for some thankfulness.

Gotta just be thankful that my brakes are functioning like they should; that I can afford routine maintenance in hopes of avoiding unexpected repairs; that I can drive myself to the football game of the week this weekend with a renewed peace of mind.

Darn you, Thankful Thursdays.  You challenge me so.

Your turn.  Be challenged, and be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment