Tuesday, September 20, 2011

one year later and the sing-off

Exactly one year ago I posted my first blog entry.

It came on the heels of a call to obedience by the Holy Spirit, prompting me to disconnect my cable.  And so I did.

In retrospect, I can appreciate what those four months did for me.  I don't automatically turn the TV on, only to be sucked in and stripped of hours of my life that I'll never get back.  I'm happy to read in the quiet instead.

I'm content to get the next-day updates on reality shows from everyone else in my office, and have nothing to contribute to the conversations.

I like having only three or four shows that really pique my interest.

So while one year ago I was swearing off my favorite shows, it's only appropriate that one year later, I invite y'all to tune in to one of my current faves.

The Sing-Off?! 

Anyone?

A cappella singing competition.  No back-up singers or bands to fall back on.  Judges who offer constructive criticism and positive reinforcement.  Better yet, judges who have legitimate knowledge, and reference music theory terms like "modulation" and "harmonic progression."

Just crazy, pure talent.

It is good times, people.  Check it out Mondays on NBC, at 8/7c, especially all you music-lovin' family members out there!  The premiere was just last night, so you haven't missed much.

Cheers to "The Sing-Off" ... and to another year of blogging!

2 comments:

  1. And I, for one, am so glad you started this journey a year ago. And can I just say, I can't believe it has been a year already!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have now watched The Sing Off and we need to discuss. And I totally agree about the judges. They know what they're talking about and it makes it so much more pleasurable to watch.

    ReplyDelete