Saturday, August 27, 2011

out and about

It's my last Saturday before the fog begins!

Work travel gears up next weekend, and Saturdays from here until the end of time second week in December are spent in football stadiums, not relaxing or doing fun things like I might prefer.

It's a lot of pressure, needing today to be productive, but wanting it to be fun.

Good news: I woke up at 6:00 and packed a lot of goodness into my day.

Bad news: My debit card took a beating!

But it was so fun.  Here are the highlights:
  • Ran a couple of miles on the trails and had a relaxing breakfast outside with my pal Donna to start my day.  It was gorgeous out there!
  •  
  • Got Dad's birthday present (and a fun little happy for Mom) wrapped, packed, and shipped.  I think they're both gonna like 'em!
  •  
  • Bought the materials to make my shadowbox, commemorating the Providence half.  Can't wait to get that done!
  •  
  • Found these cute snakeskin flats to carry with me on game days, for when my feet are screaming.  Most importantly, they were 50% off.
  •  
  • Purchased some fun dresses for upcoming game weekends, but alas, they were not on sale.  Not one of my prouder shopping days.
  •  
  • Treated myself to a pedicure because my feet were killing me from all the shopping to kick off the season of 14-hour days on stadium concrete!  Livin' the dream, people.  Livin' the dream.
Sure hope y'all are having a weekend that's full of the things that make you wanna say, "Now that was a great Saturday!"

No comments:

Post a Comment