Monday, March 28, 2011

aunt robyn's first gift for baby felton

Dear Baby Felton,

Well, baby preparations are in full swing!

After we came down off the euphoria of hearing the big news, Mom and Dad visited your soon-to-be-home in Ft. Lauderdale for a weekend visit.  I heard the recap of overwhelming exploratory visits to Babies 'R Us and Target.  It's a lot of information -- and stuff -- to process, I think.

Mom is kicking around "Kaki" for her grandmom name, although I can't officially declare it so quite yet.  And the spelling is definitely uncertain at this point.  So, stay tuned on that.  We'll let you know.

Dad is preparing for an office move, and somewhere in his packing and purging process (he's not a great purger, FYI), he stumbled on some little UGA booties that he hand-delivered to your folks on their trip to Florida.  Instilling in you a deep, deep Georgia Bulldog love can never start too soon!

He hasn't proposed any granddad names yet.  I've warned him he really should be proactive about this, because I kinda don't think he'll like someone else deciding for him.  He strongly prefers to take these matters into his own hands, so ... I'll keep working on that.

On my end, I'm getting technologically prepared for your arrival.  My little netbook with the webcam has been fixed, and it's good to go, so we can Skype regularly.  And, I'm looking forward to seeing your mom's pooch here pretty soon!
 
Today, I made a big purchase that I've been considering for a few months, and while I had almost justified it anyway, your upcoming arrival was exactly the reason I needed to take the plunge (coupled with Uncle Sam's tax refund ... no, no, not a real uncle ... the proverbial one).

So, it's not technically for you, but it's because of you ...



Here's to capturing lots of sweet memories, Lil Bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment