Thursday, February 3, 2011

thankful thursday #12

Twelve weeks of Thankful Thursdays!  It's been a good three months.  So much to be thankful for!

Today I'm snuggled up under warm covers, listening to the freezing rain falling outside.  How happy am I, to be inside, with a roof over my head, and feeling the heat blowing through those vents?  So happy.

Yesterday I was in Atlanta for a catering meeting, with one of my favorite catering partners.  I love them for their great attitudes, their creative minds, and of course, their tasty food!  I was excited to recap last football season over some specialty munchies.

You can imagine my horror when I woke up yesterday with an uneasy tummy and no appetite.  Talk about bad timing!

Turns out, I picked at my food, talked about tailgating food, and battled the nausea as long as I could, but eventually got too sick to stick around.

I'm so thankful for my unexpected visit with Emily, as she took me in for a couple of hours while I recovered from the stomach bug!  It's good to have family strategically located across the southeast, so when you need to duck in and sip a Coke to settle the stomach, they're there to take you in!

And today, not one bit of nausea, praise the Lord!  I don't want to jinx it, but I'm hopeful the bug has passed.  I really need it to be, because I have a Krispy Kreme Challenge to run in two days!

Your turn.  Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment