Monday, February 28, 2011

bye, february

My February started with a stomach bug in Georgia, and today, it's waving g'bye with torrential rains and a tornado watch in Georgia.

Really, February?  Why so bitter?

I'll tell you what, I'm not bitter today, and here's why:
  1. In three short days (never mind the 800-some-odd miles), I'll officially be finished with those dreaded year-end meetings.  YES.
  2.  
  3. We've enjoyed some spring-like weather these past couple of weeks, which has been so unexpected, and so welcomed.  (And, it's such a tease, knowing I'm heading into arctic forecasts in Kansas City next week.  Sixty percent chance of snow!)
  4.  
  5. I've just spent the most relaxing weekend ever, at home with my folks.
  6.  
  7. And I'm about to enjoy some of Dad's specialty seafood (and when I say "specialty," I mean "he has no recipe") to top it off.
  8.  
  9. I ate today at Marti's at Midday, a most favorite home-town eating establishment, with two very cool girls.  And was pleasantly surprised to see my aunt there, too!
  10.  
  11. Got to celebrate the birthday of a sweet second mom this morning at breakfast.  Such a treat!
Are you sad to hug February good-bye?  Or just plain thrilled to greet March, and the promise of spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment