Thursday, February 17, 2011

thankful thursday #14

This time of year is a heavy travel season for me.  In particular, I travel to each client university for year-end presentations and meetings.

Basically, lots of preparation.  Lots of miles.

These seven trips over three weeks are grueling for a homebody like me (two down, five to go!), but seriously, I work with some of the greatest people, and although many miles divide us, these trips give me the opportunity to hug their necks and visit with them in person.

I'm honored to work with these gals because they ...

exercise integrity, always seeking to do the right thing, even when folks aren't looking;

have a bad day, but put on a happy face anyway;

roll up their sleeves -- even in dress clothes -- and do the grunt work that someone's gotta do; and

are obscenely beautiful, inside and out.

Every one of them!  How can I not be thankful?

So despite my travel dread, I'm thankful today that I work with people who I consider friends.

What a blessing, indeed!

What are you appreciating today?  Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment