Monday, February 14, 2011

love at first sight

My aunt (and shoe-shopping mentor) laughs when I retell the story of a day several years ago, when I found a pair of shoes that I know was meant for me.  It was the last pair of its kind on the rack, exactly what I was looking for, just my size, and, most importantly, on sale.

I noted the light that shone down on them from the heavens, and heard the faint chorus of angels from above.  It was glorious.

In the land of retail, I'd describe myself as a practical shopper -- not impulsive, calculating the best possible bargain, and sometimes even requiring a little time to think on a purchase.

But every now and again, love at first sight is a reality.

And it was this weekend!

I fell hard and fast, and bought him right up.



Isn't he so bright and cheery, and welcoming, right inside my door?

Happy Valentine's Day to me!

And to you, too!

5 comments:

  1. love it! i saw one of these in teal at a flea market that i am just dying to get my hands on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that! I want something like that for right inside the front door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo! Pretty! I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, y'all! He's a cute little character piece. I highly recommend him to anyone. :)

    ReplyDelete