Tuesday, January 4, 2011

happy and new

January Firsts can be a smidge overwhelming for me.  Calendars to update (yes, I’m a little bit old school and keep a written calendar).  Decorations to pack away (no, I do not do that the day after Christmas, or even by New Year’s Day).  Fun new gifts that have not previously had a place in my home, but need one now.
Routines to re-enter (with no choice).  Resolutions to consider (but may or may not adopt).  The insatiable urge to purge.
But January Firsts have such promise, too!  They are natural clean slates.  Second (or third or fourth) chances.  Invitations to look ahead, with hope and anticipation of what’s to come.
Here’s what I’m looking forward to in 2011:
1.      My new Butler Bag (ahem, Bags).  What was I thinking, ever cheating on you?!

2.      Reading through the Bible chronologically with great girlfriends.  (Please note my convenient omission of any mention of Leviticus.)

3.      Traveling to Charleston with two of my favorite people on the planet next weekend.

4.      Running the Krispy Kreme Challenge in February.  (You know you want to know what that is.)

5.      Coming off the TV fast.  AT&T U-Verse installation is happening tomorrow.

6.      Wireless internet at my residence, for the first time EVER.  (I know, I know!)

7.      Running trails on Saturday mornings again!

8.      Other fun opportunities that pop up that I don’t have any idea of now (otherwise known as, the little piece of my life that remains slightly spontaneous).
What’s got your new year looking happy?
Welcome, 2011.  It’s nice to see you.
Now, please be nice. J

No comments:

Post a Comment