Thursday, January 6, 2011

thankful thursday #8

Christmas decorations are put away.  The new Christmas gifts have found their new homes (almost).  Routines are being re-established.

Ends of seasons and good-byes make me melancholic.  Reflection and nostalgia wrap themselves around me when I'm standing on the brink of new beginnings, and remembering with fondness the people and the places that have become a part of my story.

Despite the bittersweetness (that word can be a noun, right?) of the season's end, I'm feeling thankful today for order restored.

I'm ready to reclaim my weekends (praise you, sweet Jesus!), look forward to Thursdays again for what they mean to me, and savor the ordinary moments!

What makes your heart thankful today?  Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment