Thursday, September 13, 2012

thankful thursday #95

I mentioned Trainer Man last week, because his friendship really has been a positive influence for me over the past year.

Several weeks ago during a particularly harsh workout, I asked him desperately (and probably dramatically) how many calories he thought I burned in that hour.  (I wanted to be able to justify eating something really delicious, I'm sure.)  We chatted casually about a heart rate monitor, and how that would be the best way to know for sure.

I have friends who swear by these things, but frankly, I've just not wanted to spend the money.  They aren't cheap.

Do you know these?  Ones like this:


On Tuesday, Trainer Man asked me if I'd thought anymore about investing in one, and I told him, Not really.  I just don't think I care enough to spend the money.  Which was true.

As it turns out, somehow lots of these little gems were donated to my Y, and Trainer Man snatched one up that very day and gifted it to me.

I can't say I'm overly thankful to be strapped up every time I work out (and I probably won't be every time), but I am really grateful that Trainer Man is so generous, and that he thought to share one of those with me.

Cheers to burning calories, folks.

What're you appreciating and happy about today?  Go on, be grateful!

1 comment:

  1. I promise you get used to wearing it. I hardly notice it anymore. I can't wait to hear your first report!

    ReplyDelete