Monday, September 17, 2012

hello mondays (a case of them)

I had a case of the Mondays today.

Sometimes when Monday is around the corner, the only thing you can do is greet him, and face him head on.  It's like saying, Bring it, Monday.  I'm ready for you.

Kind of like this:

Hello, game reports.  You don't scare me.

Hello, rain.  You want to send me straight into nap mode, but no sir.  I have too much to do.

Hello, humidity.  Your abuse of my hair makes me think I need a haircut.  You don't fool me.

Hello, lunch with the girls.  Belated birthday celebrations make Mondays better.

Hello, old friend I ran into at lunch.  It's been too long!

Hello, shopping for my baby brother's birthday present.  I can't believe he's 26 in two days!

Hello, skipping out on my Monday night run.  I'm just not feeling you tonight.

Hello, tears. Thanks for letting me shed a few of you. It felt nice.

Hello, sweet Nikol.  Thanks for letting me shed those tears with you.

Hello, sweat pants.  You always make me feel better.

Hello, new recipes.  You are much more attractive to me than a run in this humidity.

Hello, Jesus.  I'm so glad you're bigger than my case of Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment