Friday, August 17, 2012

right about now

Random bits of life happening in my world, right about now:

loving: this "cold snap" we've had the past week, where the temps haven't gotten too much past 90.  Oh, South, you've been so merciful this week.  Thank you.

reading:  Grace for the Good Girl, by Emily P. Freeman.  A challenging read for people like me who struggle with the truth that worthiness isn't achieved or earned, through performance, perfection, and busyness.

excited about:  heading home next weekend to celebrate Little Man's first birthday and his parents' dedication of him to the Lord.

missing:  the Olympics!  I was happy to have Bob Costas greet me every night when I got home.  Although I wasn't around to watch as much as I might've liked, I don't think I flipped a channel on that TV for two weeks.

trying to:  understand better some world religions.  The small group gals and I have found ourselves each encountering people who believe differently than we do, and that's a good thing.  And we find ourselves pretty ignorant about those faith systems.  We're reading this book together to get started.

enjoying:  a new haircut.  The bangs are fully grown out for the first time in about a gajillion years.  I'm diggin' it.

using:  Band-Aid's product for healing blisters.  I've got some doozies that need to do a fast disappearing act before football season starts.

wearing:  this new watch that the lovely Amy gifted me with for my birthday.  I'm far from "edgy" but I like this one's edge.  She makes a good statement, I think.


waiting on:  a vision for my living room.  I'm ready for new.  New furniture.  New color.  New spunk. Come soon, funding vision.  Come soon.

planning:  to start walking a couple mornings a week with my co-worker friend who just moved to my neighborhood.  Burning a few more calories can't be bad.

singing:  again with the church choir after a summer hiatus.  In other singing news, Colla Voce is going on its own hiatus for the upcoming year.  I will miss it, but not gonna lie, I'm looking forward to reclaiming my Monday nights.

needing:  these crazy cuticles to go away.  And gel manicures to a) have a lower price point, and b) not rip my nails to shreds.  Well, need is a strong word.  But I do want those things.

learning: that Christians -- including me -- are great at company lines, but pretty awful at just being Jesus.

listening: to "Let Him Fly" by Patti Griffin.  She sure does mellow me out.  And "Losing" by Tenth Avenue North.  Those guys sing the truth.

wishing:  the fall premier of Parenthood wasn't still four weeks away.  I've missed my Bravermans.  And I'm dying to know how Ray Romano fits into the mix this season.

doing:  a stellar job of paying someone else to wash and vacuum my car.  That nice man across the street even comes over to our office to pick our cars up.  He is so very good at his job.

praying for: my desires and heart to be aligned with God's.  I'm well aware that when that doesn't happen, disasters are imminent.

dreaming of:  my next vacation.  2012 has not been a banner year for Robyn-travel.  I'm feeling Maine next.  In this particular dream, it looks a little like this ...


... and then I snap back to reality.

Happy Friday, folks.  I hope your weekend is red-letter!

2 comments: