Thursday, August 9, 2012

thankful thursday #90

This week I traveled for work.  Lots of airport time.  Lots of airplane time.

My trusty Kindle was tucked in my backpack, as it always is, never far from reach. 

I finished the chick lit book I was reading (no, it was not Fifty Shades of Grey, thanks very much).

I revisited this challenging book called Grace for the Good Girl that I've been plodding through for a couple of months.  (Do you know these books?  The ones that kind of hurt to read, so you have to pace yourself?)

I listened to a couple of podcasts of interest at the airport in Manhattan (Kansas, that is, where there is one gate, and nothing to do or see).

During one of the podcasts, a book was mentioned that I mentally noted and placed on my want-to-read list.

It didn't hang out there long.

This morning, even before I went to the gym, I snatched up my Kindle and downloaded that thing in the blink of an eye.

Impulsive?  Maybe.  (I really should get through that hard book before I take on another one.)

A blatant manifestation of instant gratification?  Absolutely.

But is anyone else so thankful that books are so darn accessible?

I love that Kindle.

What're you thankful for this week?  Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment