Thursday, August 23, 2012

thankful thursday #92

As it goes since the great Fall, no matter how great of a job one has, work is work, and you gotta be thankful when you have a good day.

I've written once before about a particular day when I could've wept I loved my job so much, but days like that aren't my norm.

But, I do have the opportunity a few times a year to attend menu tastings, which allows me the good fortune of eating very delicious food, in very large quantities.

Tuesday was one of those blessed days on the lovely campus of the University of Georgia, where I was  grateful to be feasting on this menu, provided by Proof of the Pudding, one of my most favorite caterers:

Smoked Catfish Dip

Cranberry Cream Cheese Torte

Southwest Wedge Salads

Chicken Caesar, Ham and Arugula, and Thai Shrimp Wraps

Low Country Crab Cakes with Lobster Cream Sauce

Tequila Citrus Glazed Chicken Breasts
with Avocado Orange Salsa and Cilantro Jasmine Rice

Grilled Corn with Chile Butter

Peach Bourbon BBQ Flank Steak

Dessert Display
Red Velvet Whoopie Pies, Dessert Shooters,
Citrus Cream Cheese Crumble Cake, and Peach White Chocolate Brownies

Seriously, people.  I did love my job that day.

And incidentally, if you ever find yourself rushing through Atlanta's Hartsfield International Airport, you might consider grabbing a sandwich from one of Proof's kiosks.  I can vouch for them.

How are you feeling about your job this week?  Thankful for something in it, I hope.  Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment